We’re excited to see you at Monday’s registration! Our teachers are working at full speed, planning lessons, preparing classrooms for Thursday, and attending professional development. This is shaping up into a fantastic school year already!
We are still expecting the arrival of the School Supply Kits. We believe you’ll be able to pick them up Wednesday morning and evening. Kits that are not picked up will be delivered to the classroom.
- Aug. 7 Registration Day (8-10am)
- Aug. 9 Orientation Night: Newcomers @ 5:00, Kindergarten @ 6:00
- Aug. 9 Pick up School Supply Kits 8:30 – 10:00 and 5:30 – 6:30 in the Cafeteria
- Aug. 10 Students’ First Day; Kindergarten Phase-In Begins
- Aug. 14 Orientation Night: 2nd Grade @ 5:00, 5th Grade @ 6:00
- Aug. 15 Orientation Night: 1st Grade & Multiage @ 5:00, 4th Grade@ 6:00
- Aug. 17 Orientation Night: 3rd Grade @ 5:00
Prepare for Registration
If you’ve already been at Thrasher, you have probably turned in everything you need to make registration smooth and easy. This past week, we talked with or emailed parents who still need to bring proofs of residence. If you didn’t hear from us, then you are probably good to go.
New to Thrasher
If you are new to Thrasher, you’ll need to bring some things with you to registration day.
- Certified copy of the birth certificate (not the “mother’s copy”)
- Social security card
- 2 proofs of residency (We can use utility bills, mortgage, or lease agreements.)
- Tennessee Immunization form (we must have the original, no copies)
If you have a 3rd – 5th grade student, please consider parking in back and starting your registration process in the Gym. If you also have younger students, start in the Gym and then go up to the Cafeteria to register the younger students.
If you only have Kindergarten – 2nd Grade students, please consider starting in the front.
When you arrive, you’ll receive a checklist and a map to aid in registration. If you pay by check, please bring more than one. Our different departments require different checks (it’s a state law thing). You may need checks for:
- Thrasher Sportswear and PTA membership (PTA)
- School Age Child Care (SACC)
- Lunch Accounts
- Class fees (Kindergarten is $65; Grades 1-5 are $80)
Why Classroom Fees?
Any money given to a classroom is spent this year on the students in that classroom. It is used to purchase art supplies for the classroom, online subscriptions, incentives, instructional materials, and additional technology.
Our New 3rd Grade Teacher
You may have heard: we have a new teacher in 3rd Grade! Her name is Emily Wheeler, and she has been teaching for ten years. Her last principal was very, very sad to lose her, and we are quite thrilled that she has joined the Thrasher team! She and her family live just down the road. I know that you all will absolutely love her and make her feel welcome at Thrasher.
Our PTA Presidents (Dana Stone & Sarah Milz) organized the “flow” of registration. Thank you for all your hard work this summer!