Thrasher is a Tennessee Reward School for both Performance and Progress. It is rare for a school to earn both designations. That means Thrasher students performed in the top 5% for achievement and the top 5% for growth in the state of Tennessee.
Way to go, Thrasher students, parents, and teachers! That is a job well done!
Are You on Our Distribution List?
This week’s Panther Parent will go home as an email (as usual) and a paper copy. If you receive this on paper and do not get an email copy, please let us know so that we can add your email address. We try to only send pertinent information that we think you’d like to know. If you did not get the email version, please email Amy Dunavin at email@example.com and we’ll remedy that!
- Oct. 23 Social Services Coin Drive Begins
- Oct. 25 My Director Dr. Neelie Parker will be in the building. If you see her, introduce yourself and tell her how great Thrasher is!
- Oct. 26 Monster Mash 6PM – Dress Up, Bring Food, Come Party!
- Oct. 27 1:00 Costume Parade / 1:30 Classroom Celebrations
This is an old Thrasher tradition. With all the pressure for schools to do well and hit the academics hard, Thrasher knows that it is essential to have fun!
Here are the rules:
- No masks
- No guns (in this day and age)
- Keep it appropriate – no “sexy” characters in elementary, please. (Save that Harley Quinn outfit for a non-Thrasher day!)
We’ve never really had a problem with costumes in the past. “Unvoiced expectations are premeditated resentment”, so we’re just stating the expectations up front.
Our big focus for the first quarter was on Safety and Communication. We’ve been revising how communication is done as a whole from Thrasher. And, we’ve been taking measures to make Thrasher a safer place. You know about our changes to the car rider line. We’ve also been revising our evacuation plan (in case we ever need it); we bought handheld radios for all the classrooms and lockdown systems for the doors. We also have a plan to train our faculty and staff in CPR, AED, and Code Blue (finding a non-responsive person).
Now that we’re into the second quarter, we’re focusing on instruction. We never ignored instruction, but our energies this quarter will be spent on digging deep into data and instructional practice.
Yearbooks on Sale Now!
This year, Thrasher Elementary is providing a TreeRing yearbook! YOU CAN PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR Thrasher Elementary YEARBOOK BY CLICKING HERE: http://www.treering.com/purchase?Passcode=101489169935961
A few important facts:
- Your personalized yearbook only costs $25.00.
- You’ll need to purchase your copy and complete your free personal pages by March 21.
- Your 2 free custom pages are optional, if you don’t customize you’ll receive a standard yearbook.
Get started by clicking on this link:
Pre-order promo: 10% off by October 30th — automatically added at checkout.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Friday went unbelievably smoothly in both the morning and afternoon. Parents, thank you for extending us so much trust and grace as we make improvements to keep everyone safe.