December 3, 2017
This school year is nearly halfway complete; can you believe that? There’s always a lot going on as we trek from Thanksgiving to Christmas and the Winter Break.
- Dec. 4 – 8 Food Drive
- Dec. 5 2nd Grade Garden Club
- Dec. 5 5:00 PTA Board Meeting
- Dec. 5 6:00 4th Grade Performance
- Dec. 7 2nd Grade to Tivoli
- Dec. 7 3rd Grade to Challenger Center (Ferguson, Wheeler)
- Dec. 8 3rd Grade to Challenger Center (Lillie, Mann, Sentef)
- Dec. 8 Panther Pride
- Dec. 13 Fire Drill
- Dec. 13 9:00 – 12:00 Chorus/Handbells perform
- Dec. 13 Kindergarten Gingerbread Houses
- Dec. 15 Multiage and 1st Grade’s Polar Express
- Dec. 19 10:00 Classroom Celebrations
- Dec. 19 ½ Day – Last Day for Students (Dismissal at 11:30)
- Dec. 19 End of 2nd Quarter and 1st Semester
- Jan. 8 Students Return
- Jan. 12 Report Cards
Each year, Thrasher Families support Signal Mountain Social Services and their Christmas Basket Program through a food drive. We’ll collect food all week.
- Kindergarten – Canned Pasta
- First Grade – Canned Fruit, Hot Chocolate
- Second Grade – Spaghetti Sauce (no glass), Hamburger/Chicken/Tuna Helper
- Third Grade – Canned Beans, Spaghetti Noodles
- Fourth Grade – Canned Vegetables, Bisquick/Pancake Mix
- Fifth Grade – Hearty Soups (not broth or condensed)
Vote for Wrapping Paper
One of our Thrasher students created the “Penguins on Ice” wrapping paper, and it is up for votes until Dec. 5!
New Executive Director at MEF!
We welcome Hilary Robison as she steps into her new role as MEF’s Executive Director. She brings a lot of experience, and she has great ideas for bringing “outside” investors to the mountain schools – investors who are looking for greater returns than the merely financial. You can read more about her here: http://meftoday.org/press-releases/.
From inside Thrasher, we would love to show 100% participation in supporting our schools. If everybody joins in – no matter the amount – then we are a stronger school. It’s similar to every Who in Whoville doing their part! If you haven’t been involved before, please consider bringing us closer to 100% of our families supporting our students in this way; it only takes a minute! Thank you! https://mef.z2systems.com/donation.jsp or http://meftoday.org/ .
The PTA set up an appreciation station before Thanksgiving, and students wrote notes to every faculty member – even administrators! We are so blessed to be Thrasher Panthers. Thank you!